We are currently accepting resumes for:
Human Resources Leader
APi Construction Company
New Brighton, MN
Summary of the Company: APi Construction Company (www.apiconst.com) proudly traces it roots back to 1926. Today, APi Construction is a growing and nationally recognized union industrial contractor. As we grow, we continue to look for talented individuals in the construction industry to join our team.
Summary of the Job: Partner with leaders of APi Construction Company and the APi Group Segment leadership team to provide guidance on Human Resources matters and develop/implement Human Resources strategies that support the Segment businesses. This position is a dual role - working directly for APi Construction as an in-house Human Resources Leader and concurrently working for APi Group Segment companies as the Human Resources Leader, as described below.
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of Human Resource Management in compliance with current employment law and best practices in recruitment, Human Resources analytics, compensation, and Human Resources administration.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee recruitment, screening, testing and selection.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing employment practices.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing, maintaining, and securing personnel records.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of consistent and equitable pay practices.
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best practices.
- Ability to interpret, explain, and enforce established personnel policies and procedures.
- Makes informed business decisions through the use of data and analytics.
- Ability to lead change, initiating and supporting organizational transformation, and adjusting direction when needed. Skillful champion and influencer of cultural shifts that create diverse, equitable, and inclusive outcomes.
- Think strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive Human Resources solutions that achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to act as an expert on people-related employment trends.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise practical judgment, sensitivity, discretion, and creativity in changing needs and situations.
- Ability to lead with a consultative approach and provide guidance and advice when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of recognized, progressively responsible Human Resources experience, with oversight of such functions.
- SHRM accreditation preferred
For APi Construction Company:
Maintain an understanding of Company benefits:
- Health & Wellbeing (Medical, Dental, etc.)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Leave Procedures, including FMLA
Implement and provide ongoing support for Company Human Resources processes and procedures:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Local, State, and Federal Law compliance
- Wage and hour compliance
- Employee handbook and other policies
- Performance Management
- Development planning
- Employee Training
Develop job descriptions for future hires based on input from Company leaders. Work with external entities (recruiters, LinkedIn, Monster.com, etc.) to hire future leaders for the business.
Provide day-to-day support and coaching to Company Management regarding employee concerns and grievances.
For APi Group Segment:
- Mentor, train,, and develop Segment Company Human Resources leaders.
- Implement APi Group Human Resources standards and procedures with all Segment companies.
- In partnership with APi Group Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) leadership, develop Segment level programs designed to meet APi Group and Segment DE&I goals.
- Develop and implement Human Resources Management System processes and Human Resources measures/metrics to support business strategy.
- Serve as Segment ethics supervisor and support ethics training.
- Provide acquisition support, including Human Resources related due diligence, communication, and integration.
- Coach Segment and Company Leadership resolving escalated employee concerns and grievances, including counsel on escalated Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and employment litigation issues.
- Assist in the development of Segment and Company succession plans.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Effectively copes with change and can shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Communication: Clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of media that engages the audience and ensures mutual understanding and retention.
- Relationship/Partnership Builder: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships with individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve the mission, vision, and objectives of the company.
- Manage Conflict: Deal effectively with others in times of conflict; clarify the current situation and objectively view the conflict from all sides; seek positive courses of action while maintaining relationships.
- Strategic Thinking: Proactively identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving long-range organizational vision and objectives; ability to identify and evaluate resources - human, material, financial - and then plan for their utilization throughout the execution of a comprehensive, long-range project.
- Value Diversity of Ideas: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; working effectively with individuals of diverse styles, abilities, and motivation.
- Managerial Courage: Tactfully dispenses direct and actionable feedback; is open and direct with others without intimidating; deals head-on with people's problems and prickly situations.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.